Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lost Love Quote


What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose.


Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.


If you love someone, you say it, you say it right then, out loud, or the moment just passes you by.


Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.


We perceive when love begins and when it declines by our embarrassment when alone together.


So dear I love him that with him,
All deaths I could endure.
Without him, live no life.


Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.


You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.


For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those 'It might have been.'


The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.


You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.


'This better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.


We loved with a love that was more than love.


If a man should importune me to give a reason why I loved him, I find it could no otherwise be expressed, than by making answer: because it was he, because it was I.


It is best to love wisely, no doubt; but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.


Who knows how long I've loved you,
You know I love you still.
Will I wait a lonely lifetime?
If you want me to I will.


There's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment