The secret to good life is a life that’s lived to the fullest.
Each of us has our own way of , “indifferences” as they call it. But the reality is that even how different we are and the way we live, there is still one universal truth, values and principles that is governing our world. These truths are both simple and general that if you try to learn and apply them in your life, a great change can happen.
Such truth gives other people a chance to find their place in this world and to live their life to its fullness. While for others who does not know these principles, it makes their life so hard, dull and miserable.
The question now is, how can achieve the good life and live life to the fullest?
Learning and knowing the answer to this question can help you make your life as happier and successful as it should be.
So if you are serious in creating positive changes in your life, start learning and applying the principles of living the good life.
1. Live TodayPast can’t be brought back and the future will always be uncertain. Today is yours, so make the most of it.
2. Maintain BalanceYour life is affected by the four aspects that are mental (), emotional (heart), spiritual (faith) and physical (body). Learn to maintain balance of the four aspects, for as Spice girls have sung, “Too much of something is bad”.
3. Forgive and ForgetThe only person that suffers when you do not forgive is YOU. The other person is probably caring less of what you feel. Be kind to yourself and forget about it.
4. Accept Change as Part of LifeThe more you can adapt to change, the easier your life is because change can open bigger and better possibilities for you, if only you’d accept it.
5. Visit Places You Never BeenSeeing a new place let you discover and learn more of other things in your life. It helps you expand your perspective and horizon.
6. Read BooksThe best way to live is through continuously learning. Try to be better than “normal” yourself. Keep expanding and growing.
7. Attend ClassesJust like the swimming lessons you’ve always wanted to take back in high school. Remember that you’d never be too old to learn and discover where you really can win and be happy.
8. Take Time to Make Memories and Keep Your JournalsWe should not wait for memories to happen, we should make memories happen. Find time to create memories with others. Make a note of each moment you do not want to forget, both the good and bad. Read your journal once in a while to see how far you’ve gone along. Surely, it will make you SMILE.
9. Capture the MomentsThe ability to retrieve a memory decreases exponentially unless boosted by artificial aids like photographs and videos. Start taking those pictures you’d like to look back in your old days.
10. SmileNothing beats a cheerful heart and mind. Be happy regardless. Make the world a better place to live in. Start sharing your sweet smile.
11. Join a Club
To learn more about yourself is by being more exposed in to new people and learning from them. It will help you and everyone else grow; we evolve at the rate of the tribe we are plugged into.
12. Learn to Give
The old saying would always be true, “The more you give, the more you receive”. Our value as human being resides on what we can give and not on our capacity of receiving. Start spreading goodness by giving.
13. Spend Time With The Young Ones
There’s no better stress reliever than the joy and positive feeling given by the free spirit of a young one.
14. Open Your Ears to the Elders
Listening to the old ones makes you a year wiser. Remember, the best way to learn and avoid extreme failure is through the experiences of others.
15. Accept and Manage Failure
Do not be afraid to make mistake. Most successful people have gone thru multiple failures. A great treasure of wisdom is hidden on every failure.
16. Take Risk
Life is full of chances and you do not live if you do not take chances. As they say, the higher the risk the higher possibility of success.
Who said that boys and big girls don’t cry? You need to cry, it eases the burden plus it will keep you from having diseases that’s caused by emotional pains.
18. Respect Other’s Opinion
Who wins in an argument? Keep yourself from arguments. Nothing is solved with a heated talk. Learn to listen to what others may say without necessary believing and taking them as true for you.
19. Take a Break
Reward yourself for a days’ work. Take that break, you deserve it and you need it in re-energizing yourself to another day of work.
20. Work Smart, Not Hard
The most stressed people are those who do not know how to work smart. Do not take the entire task to yourself. Remember, you are not alone in this world. Learn to maximize and trust the abilities of others. It’s not a weakness to ask for help.
21. Be Yourself
Don’t try to act like someone else just to please everyone. You don’t have to, plus you can’t. Stand firm to who you are. Eventually, you’d discover who are worth keeping in your life from those who are not.
22. Start Caring
People don’t care how much you know, they want to know how much you care. Start caring and let the people know that you care. Remember, that relationship is more lasting than accomplishments and prestige.
Take a time to be with yourself and be silent. Such can relax the fast-pace life you are in and helps you discover more of whom you are and who you can become.
24. Discover Your Definite Purpose
Life is a journey. As you go along your journey, set your maps. Discover the right you at the right place and time. To help you discover, ask yourself, “If there was no praise or criticism in the world, then who would you be?”
Once you know the answer, you are right there.
25. Live Life with the World
Do not live for yourself alone; remember that there are other people and creatures that surrounding this world. Even if unaware, every move and action you take creates an effect to others.
So learn to take responsibility of your actions. And start contributing your knowledge and experience for the benefit of the whole world.
Life is not easy nor that tough neither. Having a good life and living our life to its fullness is merely a choice. So make that choice to live life to it’s fullest.
How? Is a long list! And unfathomable life is, this list has surely have not covered all the ways. You too have your own share on how to live life to its fullest. Feel free to start contributing it here